Wincharger Forum
April 19, 2018, 12:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Great Wincharger History Article "Riches From The Wind", 1938 Popular Science Monthly

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice, four coil generator  (Read 139 times)
Carlos

« on: March 27, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

Hello to all the members, thank you for allowing me to participate in the forum, my query is about a generator, but I do not know its characteristics, it is similar to the photos that I attached, it has four coils and it works but it generates little tension, since it can be solved the problem? changing the coils or how you could solve it. Thanks
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »

Hi Carlos, if I'm interpreting your question correctly, you're not getting much voltage out of your generator.  There are many potential sources for the problem.  I assume you are able to spin the generator up to over 100 rpm and that the output is not shorted.  If so I would start with checking your brushes and commutator.  Sometimes a simple cleaning of the commutator solves the problem.  The field coil can be checked for continuity and shorts to ground.  One end is generally connected to ground so you will need to disconnect it to check for ground shorts.  Unless its been overheated, the field coil is rarely bad.  The cloth insulation to tends to deteriorate but it shouldn't prevent it from functioning.  Finally, the armature can be checked with a growler if you have one.  Hope this short tutorial was helpful.
Carlos

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 12:37:59 PM »

Very friendly and thanks for the information, the generator rotates with more than 100 rpm, the output is not shorted. The brushes of the commutator are a little worn but they have a useful life, clean the commutator. Check again, in detail all the points that you have marked, greetings
Carlos

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »

Hello, check the generator and it's all right, I had to polarize it to load, I'm about to install it to put it into operation and see how many volts it generates, I have a doubt about the lubricating oil in the box, what density it has, I had placed it Castrol W20, will be good or requires thicker.
Greetings Carlos
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:01:24 PM by Carlos » Logged
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »

Glad to hear you got it working.  Although most of the 32V manuals say to use "special" wind electric oil in the gearbox, I have seen reference to using premium grade 20 weight oil when the special oil is not available. 
Carlos

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »

Many thanks very kind Mike for the data and the help, in vreve I will be uploading to the forum photos and videos of my turbine.
Greetings, Carlos
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: