Wincharger Forum
April 19, 2018, 12:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wincharger Website "Wincharger.com"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Wind-Power downwind design  (Read 133 times)
WindFinn

« on: March 26, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »

I'm new to the list. I thought I'd share some pictures of an early Wind-Power downwind model I got from a friend. He bought it at a farm auction about 15-20 years ago and never did anything with it. I kept bugging him about it until he finally gave in and traded with me for some tools he needed.

The bearings are froze up from sitting out side all these years. It's missing the fly weights for pitching the blades, but the blades are in surprisingly good condition for it's age. They were kept in dry storage.

There is no model number or ID plate on it, but Mike shared an old advertisement flyer with a picture of the same unit. It was advertised as a Wind-Power Dynamo. Does anyone have any specs or other information about it ?
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:46:19 AM »

Its a great looking machine.  I'm guessing the shroud and brush cover are aluminum?  You may have already seen it but here is a link to a previous related discussion.

http://www.wincharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=280.0
WindFinn

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »

Yes, the shroud is aluminum and corroded at the bottom. It doesn't appear to be as aerodynamic as the later Winpower models.

Thanks for the link to the previous discussion !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: