Wincharger Forum
February 17, 2019, 03:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wincharger Website "Wincharger.com"

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just finished my Parmak  (Read 713 times)
k2glo

« on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:29 AM »

Earlier this year I introduced myself as a new member. I just finished my Parmak wind charger and have included a picture of it in this post. A friend of mine who rebuilds vintage Chevy generators rebuilt the generator for me. He says that the generator used in the Parmak is a Delco generator that is very similar to the early 30's Chevy generators. After rebuilding, it puts out a cool 10 amps on his generator test set. I designed the tail logo using examples found on the internet and it is painted on the tail vane using a stencil. Obviously, the blade is not the proper type but it will have to do until I find a wood blade for sale or attempt to make one. As I mentioned in an earlier introductory post, I was able to wind up with two wind generators at the same time. The other one is a Win Charger and will take more work than this one since it has a bad armature. I will discuss that one in more detail in a separate post soon.
Bob

* IMG_1299c.JPG (56.98 KB, 448x336 - viewed 79 times.)
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:18 AM »

Nice looking restoration.  Prop gives it a resto-mod look.  I like that you have the original tower.  I've been looking for one of those for a while.  The factory tail graphics were quite sloppy so I did the same thing and designed my own based on a radio logo.  Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: