Wincharger Forum
May 24, 2018, 04:07:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW!  FREE 6V Wincharger Part Diagrams

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 New Member  (Read 450 times)
k2glo

« on: January 16, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »

Hi,
I would like to introduce myself. I am Bob Deuel and I live in Ashland, Oregon which is on the I-5 corridor just above the California border. I am an avid vintage radio collector with my collection mainly focusing on pre-1927 radios and odd and unusual radio and transmitting tubes. I have also had an interest in farm radios and am currently restoring a Truetone 6V farm radio. Of course, these radios were designed to be mainly powered by wind generators charging a 6V storage battery which has expanded my collection interest to include vintage wind chargers. I have been on the look out for a Wincharger for the last few years but they are uncommon where I live. On a few recent vacations to the Mid-West, I have looked for one but have been unsuccessful in finding one. Then recently out of the blue, three locally fell into my lap which was quite surprising for me to find three at once especially where I live. One is a Parmak and two were Zenith Winchargers of which I gave one of the Winchargers to the gentleman that gave me the tip on locating them. I am currently restoring the Parmak. In the next couple days, I intend to make a separate post on each of the remaining two describing them more fully, my progress so far on restoring them, and asking a few questions that I have concerning each of them.

I was glad to find a group of interested collectors that I can share with.
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »

Great to have you as a member Bob.  I may not know the answers to all your questions but there is a huge collective knowledge base here to back me up.  I believe there may be more wind chargers on the left coast than you think.  Few may have been sold there originally but the resurgence of wind energy in the 70's helped them find there way there....lots of folks wanting to be energy independent.  Your find is interesting because I had a conversation with a guy a few years back that had a Parmak and 2 Winchargers.  He was from the Seattle area.  I look forward to seeing some pictures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: