Wincharger Forum
October 19, 2017, 12:08:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wincharger Website "Wincharger.com"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member  (Read 175 times)
Jds2330

« on: August 23, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »

Hello,

Figured I should introduce myself. My name is Jason I live in central Minnesota. Have been wanting to get an old wind generator for about the past 10 years but they are hard to come by or the price seems to be a bit to steep for my blood. I finally was able to get one. I just picked up what looks to be a wincharger 6V model 39. Not 100% sure though. Seems to be all there except for the control unit. Looking forward to tearing it down and restoring it and putting it back into service
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »

Hey Jason, thanks for joining the forum.  I'm a little surprised it took 10 yrs to find your wincharger given you live it what I consider a prime wind charger area.  There were several manufacturers nearby, lots of users in the day and I know a several wind gen guys in your area.  Maybe that's it, they're hoarding all the machines.  You've probably already visited the 6V Wincharger ID webpage but I'll include the link below just in case.  Please share pics of your project on the forum or you can send them to me and I can post on the photos section of the wincharger website. 
mike@wincharger.com

http://wincharger.com/index.php/photos/wincharger-models

Jds2330

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 08:55:34 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply Mike. Yep I already checked or the 6V is page. It is what I used to determine that mine is a model 39, or at least as far as I can tell. I was basing my assumption off the collar that covers the slip rings. As to why it took me so long to find one is I am cheap lol. Also I was generally looking for larger jacobs models. I am kinda glad I found this 6V though, it is probably better to start on a small machine like this. I'm definitely going to be in the market for a few parts. I need to find or have a new blade made. Mine is definitely a wall hanger at this point. I was surprised to find it is made out of cedar. I was assuming it would be Doug fir. I will get pictures this weekend as it is up north at my brothers right now. I'm looking forward to cataloging everything and seeing what is needed and getting started on this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: