Wincharger Forum
December 15, 2017, 09:18:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW!  FREE 6V Wincharger Part Diagrams

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery Tower Slipring Assm  (Read 444 times)
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« on: June 16, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »

Anyone know the manufacture of this slipring assm?  You need to log in to see the pic below....
or register at if not already a forum member. 
http://www.wincharger.com/forum/index.php?action=register

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:30:19 AM by Mike » Logged
CoreyB

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:03 PM »

I have that slipring assy on my model 36 that is on display in my basement.  I got the machine straight out of my uncle's junk heap on his farm sometime around 1992 or 1993 and it is largely what gave me the wind bug.  I "restored" it a few times while in grade school and in high school and eventually it ended up being put on display in my house as I got older.  I have always believed that the slipring assembly was original to the machine when I got it, but it could possibly not be as the story goes that there was a second 6 volt machine on the same farm that was sold to a neighbor at some point in time many decades before I got this one.  The second machine was never found.
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 07:06:58 AM »

I'd can't say I've ever seen an all original 36 so you may have solved the mystery.  Makes sense for it to be an add on feature since they offered the utility and deluxe versions.  Great looking display by the way. 
Jase

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »

Huh, that's super interesting. Reverse image search doesn't bring up anything similar, at least not on my end. It's always amazing to me to see older tech like this and compare it to the new stuff like this. Wonder if we'll be posting pics of those 20 years from now asking the same question Tongue Anyways, not too much to add, other than it looks super cool, especially in your pics CoreyB. Love that setup + the story behind it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: