Wincharger Forum
August 19, 2017, 10:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW!  FREE 6V Wincharger Part Diagrams

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1925 Aermotor Restoration  (Read 575 times)
Albino Storm

« on: February 18, 2017, 05:53:21 AM »

The people that I bought our 1925 Aermotor from called her "Mona" because everytime the wind moved her she moaned due to rust and disrepair.

She was perched on the shores of Saginaw Bay in MI, so high winds, storms, and seasonal weather had took their toll over the decades. Mona was in service 36 years before I was born, and I'm old. lol

Well I just got Mona back together after a nut and bolt total restoration. I'm betting she has never looked better. Mona doesn't moan anymore. I might have to rename her. Lol

I'm restoring the tower now, and I'm having a new water well put in.

This spring she will be back in her glory pumping water again for another century. :-)
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:26:58 AM »

That's a beautiful restoration.  I would stick with Mona, its her history and she'll eventually start moaning again.  My interest with wind machines started with water pumpers.  Here's a link to my first one, an 8' Samson, that I hooked up to a fountain.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguwXbuOOdk

You know Aeromotor produced a Wind Charger briefly back in the 20's.  Several company's attempted wind machines with conventional wind wheels until they realized propellers were better suited. 

Albino Storm

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »

Cool!

I'll bet a 1920s Aermotor wind charger is a rare one.

I ended up buying a Keller Aller Mod 8 motor with fan the other day from a guy that gave me a 6V Wincharger.

I got a beat up Aermotor tail with a twisted tailbone included in the deal.

Anyways, I thought I would stencil the Aermotor logo back on the tail, since I have the stencil from restoring my  1925, and make some windmill wall art.
Albino Storm

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »

Getting close to raising the tower. The well driller should have our well in this week, so next week I should be able to get the tower up
Albino Storm

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 03:01:28 AM »

After spending some time this winter restoring our 1925 Aermotor windmill and tower, I have the tower up.

And yesterday we set the mill. It is standing tall again ready to pump water for another century.

My well driller is going to install the pump next week and then it will be pumping water!

Albino Storm

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 03:02:25 AM »

More pics...
Albino Storm

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 03:03:50 AM »

last one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: