Wincharger Forum
August 18, 2019, 06:37:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Great Wincharger History Article "Riches From The Wind", 1938 Popular Science Monthly

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member  (Read 2138 times)
Charleypete1957

« on: December 26, 2016, 10:34:30 PM »

Hi, Charlie from Texas here. Just joined tonight after finding your website last night. Lots of good information here. My interests range from martial arts to Harleys to Wisconsin THD engines to electronics, chemistry, biology and home nuclear fusion. Also beer brewing, Mopar engines, especially Hemi engines, and restoring my 1970 Dodge D100 pickup. Also interested in geology and spelunking. I've even got an old wind generator a rancher gave me probably 30 years ago.

Searching this website has shown me it's probably a Wind Power/Winpower brand. Every part has a four-digit number cast into it. It's a three-blade downwind design. I'm missing the "power ring" and the front shroud. The blades seem to be able to swivel to catch less wind but I haven't yet figured out what causes that to happen as there are no weights or fly balls present.

I've worked on this thing on and off for many years:  replaced brushes, had new slip rings made from solid brass, replaced bearings, etc. Then a series of moves has kept it relegated to crates and boxes in pieces.

As it stands I'm not sure what model or voltage it may be or what its wattage is.  The blades are in decent shape, painted silver with sheet metal leading edges.

I'll post some pics tomorrow and maybe someone here can ID it for me. I know more about it just since yesterday than I ever have. Thanks you guys for a great website!
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »

Welcome Charlie,  hope we can help with your winpower project.  Look forward to seeing the pics...."home nuclear fusion?"  Maybe you're the source of those strange lights frequently seen out your way...
Another great website with winpower info is Windcharger.org.

Charleypete1957

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »

Hey Mike,
Yes, I've been to Windcharger.org and there is a lot of good information there.  I will post pics today, probably in the Member Stories section.  May have a problem though, as my pics appear to be around 2MB.  Don't know if I can make 'em smaller sized files or not.  May have to play with stuff to get it to work.  If I can manage it, though, the pics will be up today.

Charlie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: