Wincharger Forum
October 19, 2017, 12:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW!  FREE 6V Wincharger Part Diagrams

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One More New Member  (Read 2307 times)
CoreyB

« on: May 11, 2016, 11:21:31 PM »

Hello guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to the forum.  My name is Corey Babcock and have been bitten by the Wincharger bug back in the early 1990's in grade school when I was given a 'Rusty Treasure' Model 36 by my uncle which I restored at age 13 and is currently being preserved in the basement of my house 20+ years later.  I've been attempting to preserve and collect pre REA wind machines from the first bug bite to the present.  I've been a long time 'lurker' of the Wincharger.com page (literally since inception) and have finally bit on signing up for the forum.  I look forward to everything that the forum has to offer to be shared and passed on in an attempt to restore, preserve and document these amazing relics and what I would call the "Legends" of small wind machines. Glad to be a part of the group, more to come!

Corey
Mike
Administrator

Mike Texas USA

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:12:12 PM »

Hey Corey, I'm glad you decided to join the forum and made it through those challenging sign up questions.  I was a lurker until Gus talked me into taking over the website.  Will soon add a tower ID guide to complement the 6V generator ID guide....and at some point, I'd like to compile a complete wincharger model # list.  I've started the model list but there are a lot of gaps.  Any suggestions on improving the website are certainly welcome.  Again, welcome to the forum and its good to know there's another vintage wind enthusiast out there that shares the passion. 
Steve

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »

Dear Wincharger enthusiasts:

It is great to have Corey Babcock sign in.  For long time readers of the Home Power magazine Corey was also called the Wind Kid.   A number of years ago he was featured in at least two issues of the magazine.  Last I heard, Corey got a little larger commercial wind generator experience servicing the machines and then finally went into the alternative energy business himself.  With all your enthusiasm about wind power, I'm betting your wind business is a success.  I hope you can keep it up for decades.

Steve Hicks, Mountain Pass Wind, Montana
CoreyB

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 12:11:08 AM »

Thanks Steve! Glad to see that your still active in the pre REA stuff.  It's been years now since we've last met, but hopefully our paths will cross again sometime soon.  This old wind jazz is really our American history that most people have no idea about and our 'small' group of enthusiasts are the ones that are relied upon to keep this part of history accurate and remembered. Thanks for all the work and dedication you have given to the effort for so many decades, many of us out there greatly appreciate it.

Corey

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: