Wincharger Forum
May 27, 2019, 12:20:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW!  FREE 6V Wincharger Part Diagrams

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information: Some tips for posting ads here  (Read 5040 times)
Gus
Global Moderator

Gus - Richardson, Texas

« on: January 02, 2006, 03:12:02 PM »

Here's some tips off the top of my head for posting Classified Ads. In the subject line, make the first word or words state the purpose of your ad. In my example here, I used "Information:". If you have a part for sale, start with "For Sale:" or if you can rewind field coils start with "Services Offered:" and etc. That way people looking at the index page can quickly see what each ad is about without opening the post.

Tyr to be as descriptive as possible and by all means, if you are selling, attach a photo or photos of the part! Would you buy something without at least seeing a picture of it? Use a digital camera and have plenty of light on the subject. I've seen SO many examples of items for sale on eBay that are so dark and fuzzy you can't tell much at all about the condition of the part.

Be cautious about leaving contact information. For example, don't leave your phone number or physical address unless you feel very comfortable doing that. People can contact you by using the built-in Instant Message system on this forum, or if you didn't hide the e-mail address you used when you registered, they can contact you directly by e-mail. Or they can reply to your post and leave information on how to contact them.

We are scattered all over the country, and the world. Use this feature, it's an excellent way for you to address a targeted audience.

Gus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: